staticvalue is only used for overriding a previously set value. (Most cases)
- Elements with
position:relativeare positioned relative to themselves.
- A relatively positioned element remains in the document flow
- A relatively positioned element counts as positioned, even if we don’t shift it a single pixel in any direction
- What people normally mean by positioning, CSS-P or layers, is elements with
- Ironically, absolute positioning is relative. An absolutely positioned element is positioned relative to another element, called the containing block.
- The containing block of an absolutely positioned element is its nearest positioned ancestor
- Absolutely positioned elements are completely removed from the document flow.
Some useful articles